Published Feb 21, 2023
The church has one message to share: the gospel of Jesus Christ.
When you think of evangelism, how do you feel? Some people get excited, ready to walk the streets and knock on doors. Others become uncomfortable and afraid. Some feel guilty, knowing they should do more but unsure where to begin. We are these people and have these people in our churches. How do we move forward? How do we move our churches forward? How does the church engage a hostile culture in a meaningful way without losing the clarity of that message?
The On Target Evangelism conference is designed to answer these questions and move us forward in our evangelistic endeavors. Sean McDowell will help us to understand and engage the culture. The host church pastors will help focus our hearts on the glory and majesty of the gospel with a keynote address (Pastor Jackson, Orchard Church, Murrieta, and Pastor Yi, New Vision church, Milpitas). The breakout sessions will encourage you and give you tools to move forward personally as well as move your church forward in evangelism.
Sean McDowell loves equipping churches, and in particular young people, to make the case for Faith in Jesus Christ. Sean is a professor at BIOLA University and Talbot Seminary. His daily involvement with young people gives him insight into the prevailing culture and how Christians can meaningfully and clearly engage the culture with the gospel. Sean will speak twice, and there will be a Question-and-Answer session through which we can better understand our culture and the best ways to communicate the gospel.
Breakout sessions will include the following topics:
- Responding to 10 Common objections to the Gospel – Adam Groza, Vice President, Gateway Seminary
- Not-so-fringe beliefs, including the complexities of gender and anti-traditional relationships– Sam Wellbaum, Professor of Philosophy, California Baptist University
- Preaching to feed the flock and evangelize the lost – Greg Kilgore, Associational Missions Strategist, Mid-Valley Baptist Association
- Evangelism 101: helping your church understand the basics of evangelism – Craig Shigyo, Discipleship Pastor, Woodward Park Baptist Church, Fresno
- What it means to be a SEND state and how your church can be involved in church planting – Will Browning and Jimmie Davidson, NAMB
- Women’s ministry to grow the faithful and evangelize the lost – Jenni Price, Director of Women’s Ministry, The Grove Church, Riverside
- Building a culture of evangelism in your church – P.J. Tabiyan, Pastor, Bethany Baptist Church, Bellflower
- (Spanish) Building and living a culture of evangelism – Ricardo Valarde, Pastor in Residence, Fellowship Church, Beaumont
We all want to see God glorified and His kingdom expand. Join us for the On Target Evangelism conference to be encouraged and equipped as we seek to reach California with the good news that Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners.
Monday evening and all day Tuesday
April 24-25, New Vision Church, Milpitas, Pastor David Yi
May 22-23, Orchard Church Murrieta, Pastor Jim Jackson