Published Jan 24, 2023
“I am so frustrated with this AB-506 stuff, thank you so much for being a live person!”
That is how my conversation began with one church office assistant named Barbara. “I went to your CSBC website, and it said to call you. I hope this is okay,” she said.
“Of course, it’s okay!” I responded, “this is why we are here.”
These calls come every day, sometimes 3-5 times a day! The complications with Church Compliance and California State regulations can be very daunting to a person who knows little about how the State of California works. Sometimes you just need a “seeing eye human”!
So why “Call Ralph at 909.519.4308?”
Pete Ramirez, our CSBC Executive Director, saw a real need that bubbled up with the new AB-506 legislation and rapid response. But beyond that, I am encountering many other questions!
- How do I change our church name?
- How do I secure an ORI number for DOJ Live-scan?
- How do I secure our Non-Profit status letter from the CSBC state office?
- How do I respond to a potential sexual abuse accusation?
- Do we need to pay taxes if we rent our facility to the school district?
- What is a California State SI-100 renewal, and how do I make it happen?
- How do I get legal advice?
- Where can I get advice for Medical Insurance?
- Where can I get advice for Property and Casualty Insurance?
Our website has amazing resources! I strongly recommend looking there for most questions! (https://csbc.com/compliance-and-hr-resources/). When you do, you will see my face and cell number, 909.519.4308. Don’t hesitate to call. If I am busy, I will call back!
And by the way, Barbara, from our story, is a happy camper once again!