As this month of women’s ministry emphasis comes to a close, I wanted to share a little bit about what the CSBC Women’s Ministry is, some of the resources available, as well as how you can get involved. To begin, let me explain a little bit about who we are. The CSBC Women’s ministry is a network of women and resources that exist to engage, encourage, equip, inspire, and ignite women in their calling and spiritual walk with the Lord as they make disciples of all nations for the glory and honor of God. Whether as a single or married, in a large or small church, women across the state are encouraged to use their God-given gifts as we reach the world for Christ together.
This network is made of a volunteer vision team, a volunteer prayer team, volunteer champions, and many of our CSBC women throughout the state. We are seeking to involve women, both single and married, of various languages and cultures to help become connectors throughout the state. These connectors will connect resources (both material and personnel) as well as ideas to women all over California. We are working to build networks of women to be able to meet together in person, online, and with hybrid options. In these spaces, we hope that encouragement, ideas, prayers, and resources can be shared. We have women’s ministry champions (made up of both male and female partners) who help promote what we are doing and help us think through gaps in the ministry, see where we need to better partner, as well as how we can better encourage California women. The Women’s Ministry Network is something we hope will continue to grow and expand.
What Is Currently Available for Women?
- Monthly Zoom meetings for Director of Mission Wives (DOM wives) to gather together for fellowship, prayer, encouragement, laughter, and resources.
- Monthly Gateway Seminary Women’s Network Video recordings on various topics useful for ministry. If you are not receiving this and would like to, please let me know via email: email@example.com
- Resources and encouragement are posted several times a month on our CSBC Women’s Ministry Network Facebook Group page:
- April 17 @ 7 pm– Virtual Table Talk with other women ministry leaders: (Meeting ID: 895 8933 8762 Passcode: 867292)
- Minister’s Wives Retreat- May 19-21, at Courtyard Marriot, San Luis Obispo. Registration is open: https://csbc.com/event/ministers-wives-retreat/ (Registration will close April 06!)
- July 13 -14 – West Coast Forum at Immanuel Baptist Church in Highland– a training resource opportunity through one of our partners, Lifeway Christian Resources. For more information or to sign up: https://www.lifeway.com/en/events/womens-leadership-forum/2023-womens-leadership-forum-san-bernardino
What Is In The Works?
- Regional gatherings (virtual, in-person, and hybrid options) for pastors’ wives.
- Regional gatherings for women with virtual, in-person, and hybrid options.
- Leadership training events and gatherings for women in ministry leadership positions, serving in both paid and volunteer roles.
How Can You Get Involved? (There are opportunities for both men and women.) For more information or to sign up for any of the following options, please contact Cathie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pray for the CSBC Women’s Ministry Network. Pray for creativity and opportunities to engage, encourage, equip, inspire, and ignite women throughout the state (in multiple languages.) – This option is available for both men and women.
- Participate in the CSBC Minister’s Wives Retreat – May 19-21, listed previously.
- Join us as a connector. Share some of your ideas and resources and help us connect these resources and ideas with other women throughout the state.
- Interact with our Facebook group.
- Help with translation of materials or events.
- Become a volunteer regional connector – This would involve helping us to find locations to meet and connecting with other women in the area.
- Join our table at the Minister’s Wives Luncheon during the National SBC Convention in New Orlean – June 13, 2023.
Ladies of California – We see you, we love you, and we look forward to serving alongside you!
“Therefore, my dear brothers (and sisters), stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.” I Corinthians 15:58 NIV