Published Mar 03, 2022
CSBC Executive Director Job Description
The CSBC Executive Director will oversee the strategic vision and lead decision making to drive Convention growth & impact in our state. Their duties include collaborating with staff, the Executive Board & partner organizations in implementing strategic plans for the Convention’s development. A key responsibility for this bridge builder and relational leader will be managing complex roles & relationships with multiple stakeholders.
Since an Executive Director is in charge of an organization’s strategic planning and day to day execution, their role includes a wide variety of duties. For this position, those responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Collaborate with the Board of Directors to identify, create and implement strategic plans to actualize business objectives.
- Identify, recruit, train and develop a talented team of employees who can lead critical departments and manage strategic business functions. Must have the ability to train, coach and mentor staff.
- Monitor company operations and ensure employees and business practices comply with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Develop the organizational culture and promote necessary transparency and collaboration throughout the organization.
- Develop partnerships with stakeholders, shareholders, industry regulators and other relevant parties to further CSBC priorities.
- Identify potential risks and opportunities within the organization and its environment to protect business interests. Define & implement appropriate policies and/or actions to address risks and take advantage of said opportunities.
- Identify potential sources of investment and organize fundraising efforts.
- Represent the Convention at social and Denominational events in ways that strengthen the brand and communicate the CSBC message.
- Must be able to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret CSBC goals, objectives, policies and procedures based on our CSBC Mission. Must be able to demonstrate flexibility in approaching & addressing problems.
As the leader of a Christian organization, the ideal Executive Director would exemplify the following qualities;
- Man of God: The candidate must exhibit the traits of a Godly overseer as described in Titus 1-9, 1 Timothy 3:1-12, 1 Peter 5:1-14
- Pastoral Experience: Candidate has served in a pastoral role in the Western United States.
- Bridge Builder: The candidate needs to exhibit the ability to be a leader who builds bridges of cooperation with all of the convention’s state and national entities.
- Relational Leader: Promotes healthy interactions with staff and partners. Intentionally encouraging a moral and Biblical community throughout the CSBC and beyond.
- Familiar with California and the CSBC: Candidate has familiarity with the unique culture of our diverse state and convention. The ideal candidate would be committed to serving in California for at least the next 10 years and has a vision for how CSBC can serve the state in the future.
- Experience in Organizational Leadership: Candidate should have experience leading an organization with extensive staff and multiple departments.
- Strong Communicator: Candidate will be skilled in public speaking and interpersonal communication. He will be comfortable with various forms of communication including social media.
- Education: Candidate must have a minimum equivalent of a Master’s Degree. Post graduate degree is preferred.
- Cultural Intelligence: Candidate has a sensitivity and understanding of the diverse nature of our state and the CSBC. He will need to show the ability to navigate various cultural perspectives or priorities and build bridges of partnership between them.
- Embody the Mission of the CSBC: Candidate will exemplify and foster an organization that empowers the vision of local CSBC churches through evangelism, missions, church planting and church revitalization.
This full-time exempt position will include a salary and benefits commiserate with the level of responsibility. Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resume to ExecDRsearch@csbc.com as soon as possible. Deadline for submission is April 8th. Candidates will need to be available for interviews during the month of April in order to be considered for the position. Any questions or concerns should be addressed through the email above.