Disaster Relief Online Chaplain Training
Our California Disaster Relief Ministry is hosting an online Chaplain Training Event.
May 21-22, 2021 from 8 AM – 5 PM.
This 2-day DR Chaplaincy Manual course is related to non-threatening spiritual care and emotional support for disaster survivors and team members. This discipline also provides resources for effective coping, stress management, and spiritual wellness. This class includes the required New Volunteer Orientation. Everyone is welcome to take the Chaplaincy course, but it is also the first required specialized training to prepare volunteers for qualification to deploy as a Chaplain. This training event is for new volunteers, for those who desire to be requalified and need to renew their ID badge, or for those who are current volunteers and wish to take additional training.
Requirements for Chaplain Qualification
To qualify as a CSBC DR chaplain ready for deployment, volunteers must:
- Take the 2-day CSBC DR Chaplaincy Manual course
- Take at least the 6-hour Operational Stress First Aid (OSFA) course or other specialized courses
- Deploy a minimum of once every 3 years
- Renew background check/badge every 3 years, and
- Continue to take specialized chaplain courses.
For more information, contact Laura Johnson, our operations coordinator, at CSBC Disaster Relief Ministries.